The story of Eleanora- The meaning behind the name
February 3rd, 2015- I am 21 weeks + 3 days and IT'S A GIRL! We found out a little over a week ago and have been busy preparing since then. I bought a bunch of tiny little clothes for her from other local moms, shopped for nursery decorations, and Jared and I registered. My sister-in-law, Casey, is planning a baby shower for me in Wisconsin! I can't wait.
Jared and I had a long list of girls names, but didn't decide for sure until last night. We are keeping it a secret until she's born, but are naming her Eleanora Faith. I love it. Eleanora means "light" and it reminds me of one of my favorite Bible verses- Matthew 5:14, "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden." Faith wasn't even on our list of middle names, but after everything that happened at the beginning of my pregnancy, I just felt like God was telling me over and over again, "I have ALWAYS been faithful to you, and I'm still faithful to you now." When we finally decided on her name, Jared started crying. It was so sweet. I just think now that we know she is a she with a name we can start picturing her and getting excited to meet her and find out her personality!
She's going to be so beautiful and smart and interesting and amazing. I just love her so much already. I can't wait to kiss her tiny little cheeks and take her on special mommy/daughter dates.
Also, my mom said that she will come down to be here for the birth. I'm so relieved about that. I can't imagine it without her.
Jared and I had a long list of girls names, but didn't decide for sure until last night. We are keeping it a secret until she's born, but are naming her Eleanora Faith. I love it. Eleanora means "light" and it reminds me of one of my favorite Bible verses- Matthew 5:14, "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden." Faith wasn't even on our list of middle names, but after everything that happened at the beginning of my pregnancy, I just felt like God was telling me over and over again, "I have ALWAYS been faithful to you, and I'm still faithful to you now." When we finally decided on her name, Jared started crying. It was so sweet. I just think now that we know she is a she with a name we can start picturing her and getting excited to meet her and find out her personality!
She's going to be so beautiful and smart and interesting and amazing. I just love her so much already. I can't wait to kiss her tiny little cheeks and take her on special mommy/daughter dates.
Also, my mom said that she will come down to be here for the birth. I'm so relieved about that. I can't imagine it without her.
Comments
Post a Comment